This site has been ruined by fire three times, suffered the wrath of the Moscow army during the war of 1656-1659 and then had a bit of a rest during the 18th century before Napoleon turned it into a warehouse. During Soviet times, the church was used to store medicine. It was returned to the Friars in 1993 and has since been undergoing a very slow restoration.
Most of its windows are bricked over, allowing the few restored windows to emit an appropriately ethereal light.
Photo taken July 9, 2013.
Posted in response to: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/photo-challenge-lights/