Castillo San Felipe de Barajas is a fortress located on the Hill of San Lázaro in a strategic location, dominating approaches to the city of Cartagena by land or sea. It was built by the Spanish during the colonial era. Construction began in the year 1536, with the fortress being expanded in 1657. There is little shade, so it’s no wonder the giftshop at the top sells lemonade.
Photos taken December 2013 (Nikon D7000).
Back to Colombia.